Project using Vinyl & Glass Etching

Happy Monday Crafters! I hope everyone’s weekend was a good one. I want to thank all of you for visiting my little blog and leaving such wonderful comments. Yes, I read each and every one of them and they all have been incredibly kind and I promise that I will try to always keep this blog updated and fresh!

Now for today’s project. I wanted to play with the glass etching cream that I bought awhile back but never used. I used my Provo Craft vinyl to cut out my initial with my Cricut Expression and the Storybook cartridge. I set my pressure to 3 and my blade depth to 2. You only want to cut the vinyl and not the paper backing.

Glass EtchingSorry about some of the photos – it’s very hard to photograph glass! I used the positive A and placed it on this simple glass vase. Then I took the negative part of the vinyl and centered it on another glass vase, taping off the top, bottom, and sides with painters tape. I used a foam brush to smooth on the etching cream and left it one for about 5 minutes. When the time was up I rinsed off the cream and took off the tape and vinyl. This is the result:

Glass Etching2It came out so much better than I expected! And so easy to do. I can see making things like this for the home, for wedding gifts – the possibilities are endless!

Glass EtchingThe vases were bought at Michael’s on sale for $2.50 each! Not a bad deal. I also bought the etching cream at Mike’s with a coupon so it was about 8 dollars. But a little goes a long way.

I’ll try the glass etching cream again and next time I’ll get photos of the process step-by-step! 

Until next time, Happy Crafting

Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin