CKC, The Scrapbook Haus and A Small Project

Well, I really can’t complain. After all, this was my first CKC and since this Creating Keepsakes Convention was so close to home I just had to go. I don’t think 230 miles is too far to go for scrapbooking supplies, do you? There was so much to choose from but I did really well and didn’t spend too much (wink, wink). Hey, it’s all relative! Here is my tiny bundle of treasure:Copy of IMG_4241

See, it’s not that bad! Now the cardstock is another matter. A girl can’t have too much cardstock is what I always say. And I {heart} American Crafts cardstock!

Copy of IMG_4242

While we were in the area, we took a little trip south to New Braunfels, Texas to visit a scrapbook shop that I had heard about. I am so lucky that we got a chance to shop at The Scrapbook Haus. The owner, Sandy, and her staff are so friendly and helpful. They have a great selection of supplies and scrapbooking goodies. And I love their stamping section, too. The staff is knowledgeable about paper crafting and after just a few minutes in the shop they make you feel like you’ve just dropped in to chat with long time friends. The Scrapbook Haus has some great classes coming up soon including a photography class that takes the students on a field trip with their cameras. When you return you can have your photos printed up in any size for your scrapbook pages. How cool is that? We even got to do a make-n-take with Janet from Janet’s Gems in Austin. She does beautiful tea bag folding. Check out her blog at http://www.janetsgems.blogspot.com/. I’d like to send a big thank you to our new friends at The Scrapbook Haus. Copy of IMG_4229 http://scrapbookhaus.blogspot.com/

After my first cruise, I found this Cruise Fund jar at a local department store. When I realized that the money that I had collected in the jar would in NO WAY fund a cruise (LOL) I took some red Cricut vinyl and turned it into…

Scrapbook Fund Jar …my Scrapbook Fund jar! I welded the letters together using my Gypsy using the Gypsy Font.  But, poor me, after this trip I really am poor again! But I couldn’t be happier with my new stash to create with. Time to start saving again for the next big scrapbook shopping excursion!

Until next time, Happy Crafting,Signature

1 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I don't think 230 miles to go scrapbook shopping is too far either. LOL. Love your jar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin