Hobby Lobby Cricut Classes & A Shaker Card - Cindy Loo, George, and Gypsy Wanderings

My Cricut preview at Hobby Lobby last weekend went very well. I want to thank all of you who came by - I enjoyed meeting all of you! Remember, the first class is this Thursday, so go by Hobby Lobby on South Cooper in Arlington and sign up if you haven’t done so already. You must sign up at the Floral Dept. to reserve your seat. We’ll have a lot of fun and you’ll learn so much about your Cricut!
Well, I got to make some things this past week and the first one that I’m going to show you is my Shaker Card. I was inspired by Sheila at shesasassylady. I had planned to make my shaker card more like the one she had in her tutorial but when I got ready to make it I wasn’t home and didn’t have access to her blog. So I improvised and this is what I came up with -
Shaker Card
I used my Gypsy to design this 5x5 card. The Cindy Loo cartridge was used for the frame and tree. I adhered a piece of transparency behind it and then used foam strips to pop the frame out. I added the foil leaf confetti before adhering the background (Did you recognize that piece of paper in the background? It’s a K and Company Halloween stack! It kinda reminded me of wind blowing the leaves). Also, I now think I have found something that I like to do as much as inking everything – embossing everything! The embossing folder that I used on the frame is D’vine Swirl and the Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder was used on the tree. Everything was then inked. I also used Gypsy Wanderings and George for the layers on the inside of the card. Cindy Loo has so many nice frames that you could use for cards but they work great for shaker cards – something that I might not have looked at if I had had internet access! I have another shaker card in the works and I’ll post it when it’s finished. Interactive cards are so much fun to make and to give!
Until next time, Happy Crafting,
Signature

1 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...love those fall colors. Congrats with the HL job...
    that must be alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin