Ummm, Cake Balls!

I just had to share this with you. I am NOT the cooking, baking, let’s hang around the kitchen type. I wish that I was – it looks so homey on those movies and TV shows that I watch. Oh well! So when I made these cake balls,  everyone was surprised! And even  more surprised that they were really good!

Even though this is not Cricut related, I did find this when I was reading different blogs about Cricut and paper crafting! who knew that Cricut would take me back to the kitchen – I thought I was finished with that Cricut Cake machine for good! I wish that I could thank the person that I got this idea from but I’ve searched and can’t find it. So if you know who posted the recipe please comment and let me know! Thanks.

DSC_0492

Just looking at the pictures is making me drool – I can’t believe that I said that in front of all of these people! They are so easy to make, too.

Just bake up a regular red velvet  box cake. Follow the directions for the 9x11 sheet cake. After baking, let it cool completely. After it cools, start to crumble it up (you might have to use your hands for this part) and add a 16oz can of Cream Cheese frosting – your hands will be a mess after this but just think of the fun you’ll have licking your fingers when you’re finished! The frosting will help the cake stay together. Now just shape the cake into small balls either with your hands – more licking! – or with a small scoop or spoon. Lay the balls out onto foil (I just covered my cookie sheets with foil). It makes quite a few balls - or else I was rolling my balls too much and made them too small! Once you have them all rolled out – mine looked like I had two cookie sheets of meat balls! – place the sheet in the fridge for several hours. Now the fun part! I purchased some candy sticks at Michaels but you don’t have to use them. I melted some chocolate almond bark in the microwave -  I added about a tablespoon to Crisco to it first. I put the sticks into the cake balls and when the chocolate was ready I dipped the cake into the chocolate (I double-dipped!) and then put them on wax paper to let the chocolate cool and harden. I went an extra step and melted some white chocolate almond bark and drizzled some over the top of the cake balls.

DSC_0496

DSC_0494

Great snack and nice for a get-together! Maybe at the next crop!

Now don’t go away, tomorrow I’ll be giving you the tutorial on the Glass Block that I made for my Fabulous & 50 Birthday Blog Hop last Saturday!

Glass Block (9)

And I’ll be announcing the winner of the Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge soon! So until next time, Happy Crafting,

Signature

4 comments:

  1. Those cake ball look yummy. Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those sound wonderful!!! and everyone likes the convenience of "finger" foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these cake balls befor, at bakerella.com. they had some amazing decorated ones...Disney etc.
    Cathy
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not known for my kitchen abilities, but I actually think this is do-able. I'll have to try it out! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin