Paper Bag Album

I have always wanted to make a Kathy Orta album. So when I joined the annual Cricut Circle Secret Santa Swap and one of the items that we had to give our secret sister had to be hand made, I knew that this was the perfect opportunity. Kathy is owner of the Paper Phenomenon blog. I made her Ultimate Paper Bag album and this is how mine turned out!
ChristmasCircleStockingSwap01
There is only one detail that I used my Cricut for – the paper flowers on the front cover. I used Close To My Heart’s Art Philosophy cartridge. I am so addicted to making these rolled flowers.
ChristmasCircleStockingSwap02
The little frame is from Michaels. I took off the back easel and adhered it to the album on just the bottom and sides so that my secret sister could put a photo of her choosing in it by just sliding it in through the top. The gem swirl is from Want2Scrap, the cardstock is from The Paper Studio, and the patterned paper is from a paper stack called Sweet Nectar by K and Company. 

The leaves are by Prima - (remember the 6 little bottles that came together in the cute little crate from years ago? Yeah, I still have them all and this was the first time that I've ever used the bottle of leaves! See, there is a good side of hoarding scrap supplies! lol) 

The only other items used were chipboard for the front and back covers, Distressing Ink in worn lipstick by Tim Holtz, and the binding. 
Can you guess what the binding is?
ChristmasCircleStockingSwap04Duck Tape!!! Even though it’s everywhere now, this is my first time using it. I’m always a little late jumping on that band wagon but I eventually get on!
ChristmasCircleStockingSwap03
It’s hard to believe that this really is made from paper bags! There are just two basic page designs and many, many pockets for many, many tags! I wanted the album theme to be rather neutral so that my secret sister could use it in any way that she wanted to. I just made sure that it had her favorite colors (pink, green and blue) and coordinated with her favorite season (Spring).  One of the page styles has two smaller flaps on either side with large tags inserted into them and both page styles flip up to reveal even more space. Below are more photos that I can show since my secret sister has now received her package and knows what she got and from who (I hope you like all of your goodies, CricutAddicted!).
ChristmasCircleStockingSwap05ChristmasCircleStockingSwap06ChristmasCircleStockingSwap07ChristmasCircleStockingSwap09ChristmasCircleStockingSwap10ChristmasCircleStockingSwap12ChristmasCircleStockingSwap13ChristmasCircleStockingSwap15ChristmasCircleStockingSwap20ChristmasCircleStockingSwap18ChristmasCircleStockingSwap19ChristmasCircleStockingSwap21ChristmasCircleStockingSwap23ChristmasCircleStockingSwap25ChristmasCircleStockingSwap27ChristmasCircleStockingSwap28ChristmasCircleStockingSwap29
Thanks for looking! I’ll post what I received from my own secret Sister soon!
Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin