My Last Post for Cricut Fanatics ~ A Heritage Layout

I’m so sad that our beloved Cricut Fanatics Blog has closed as of July 31st, so this was my last post as a Design Team member there. I have been very happy and honored to have had the chance to share my projects there along with the other very, very talented designers. I’d like to thank Debbie O’Neal for starting the blog and all of her hard work to keep it going. And this leads me to my layout. This layout is completely scrap lifted! I first saw this LO when I first met Debbie – at Provo Craft Demo Training back in the Spring of 2010! I had always wanted to recreate it and felt this was just the right time. (Debbie, can you believe that Cricut Fanatics Blog is a year old? And that we’ve known each other for over three years?!?! Boy does time fly!)
So here is my Heritage layout:
HeritageLO_AGC (4)
Since I’m a new Grandmother, I felt it was important to document my Grandson’s ancestry on both sides of his family. I had researched my family history many years ago but now I needed to find out more about my Daughter-in-law’s family. So after she gave me the names of my Grandson’s great-grand parents I created this layout for him. I am going to frame it for his bedroom wall.
I used the same cartridge, Heritage, and the same paper from DCWV (can you believe that I’ve held on to this piece of paper for over three years?). The one thing that I did change was the tree image but it still came from the Heritage cart. I typed up all of the family names in Word and placed them in the frames under the cameos and they contain my Grandson’s parent’s, all four Grandparent’s and all eight great-grand parent’s names. I know that he’ll really appreciate this when he’s older!
For all of you Cricut Fanatics, I will miss you over there but please visit me here where I will continue to post all of my crafting & Cricut projects and where I hope to continue to inspire others in their crafting pursuits!
Thanks again to all of you for visiting and to Debbie for bringing us all together!
Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin