50th Birthday Surprise!

Well, it finally happened. I knew it would have to one of these days but …  Yes, that’s right, DH hit the big FIVE-O! Where did the time go? At least he must feel good about being married to a MUCH younger woman, LOL! Ok, ok, at least he must feel good about being married to a CREATIVE woman! All of our DH’s should feel good about our creative abilities – we are a smart, strong, and loving group! Heck, I am so loving that I made this beautiful, warm, and moving tribute for DH’s 50th birthday – and he was SO surprised:

 

 

 

50th Front Door

50th Front Door2

Yes, this is what met him at the front door when he came home! Glad his sense of humor didn’t die along with his youth.

I used black and grey vinyl to make this door decor. The tombstone and the word ‘beware’ are from the new October 31 cartridge and the other words are from the Jasmine cartridge. Even though I like Halloween that wasn’t the main reason that I got Oct 31. I have so many photos that I still need to scrap from our many trips to Disneyland and Disney World, one of my favorites attractions being the Haunted Mansion. As soon as I saw the images from this cart I knew that some of them would be great on my layouts of all those photos that I took of the Mansions. But it also hit me how perfect some of the images would also be of those landmark birthdays that would be coming up soon. So it really is a must-have.

50th Front Door3I used Design Studio to make this and cut the tombstone at 11” and the “50” fit perfectly at 2 1/2”. The other words were weld together and then I just played with both the height and length until I was happy with them. My speed was set on 3, pressure on 2, and blade depth on 2. Remember, you only want to cut through the vinyl, not the paper backing!

So if you have just thought about buying vinyl up until now, I strongly recommend that you just go ahead and do it. It is so much fun to play with and there are so many ways to use it. Next week I’ll show you another way that I’ve used my vinyl.

1 comments:

  1. This is AWSOME! What a great way to make a Halloween cart for more than Halloween :) I love vinyl! Thanks for adding your link to my blog. I would love it if you would grab my button to add here:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin