Happy Birthday, Son!

Today is my son’s birthday. I can’t believe he’s 27 years old! It seems just like yesterday that he told me that he wanted to be a super hero when he grew up. And now he is a wonderful young man. No, he is not a super hero. But he is my hero! I could not have asked for a more precious gift from God. Happy Birthday, Son!

Here is the card that I made for him:

Chris BDExcuse the bad photography, lol 

I used the Tim Holtz embossing folder in Woodgrain and inked it with his distress ink in Vintage Photo. The frame and ‘Son’ was cut with the  Heritage cartridge. ‘Son’ was actually ‘Sons’ and I just cut off the second ‘S’.

Chris BD closeup

For the piece inside the frame, I took white cardstock and used a brayer to ink it with a little Crushed Curry from SU. I then punched a 1 1/4” circle out of a sticky note and placed it on the top right portion of the paper. Then I used the brayer to ink on several other SU colors like More Mustard, Dusty Durango, and Pumpkin Pie. I also used Bravo Burgundy to ink the edges. After removing the sticky note circle I stamped the tree image from TPC Studio in Soft Suede. I also used a little Glimmer Mist on it. Ever since I discovered this stuff I mist everything! If it don’t move, it gets misted!

Chris BD inside

For the inside, I cut a part off of a piece of patterned paper from a stack by My Mind’s Eye called Life Stories that I got on sale at Michael’s last week. It’s beautiful patterned Kraft paper. Love it! The tree is cut from Heritage and ‘Happy Birthday’ is cut from Lyrical Letters. I’m going to fill in some of the info on the patterned paper like the date, time, and place of my son’s birth.

I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Now it’s back to creating some more things with my Cricut!

Happy Crafting,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Love this card and the inside is so creative. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I am from the DFW area too! Barb aka SUSnowmanlover!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin