Teddy Bear Valentine’s Cards

Here are two Valentine Bears that I made with the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge. I used Cricut Craft Room to weld two Bear images together to create them into Valentine’s Day cards. I’ll show you how easy this is to do.

BearA02

BearB02

My bears are 5”. I took two images of the bear base into CCR and then flipped the left image so that the two images will match up perfectly when closed. I then moved them just close enough to have the ears and hands touch. While the image is highlighted, a box will appear that says WELD and DON”T WELD. Make sure that you check the WELD button. The images will automatically be welded when cut. Here is the screen shot of what it should look like:

CCR Screen Shot TBP

Next, I finished cutting all of the other layers out. I used two different kinds of brown cardstock for each bear, both by Core’dinations – Burnt Sugar (on the right) and Brownie. I also used Core’dinations in Black Soot and in red, white, and lavender glitter cardstock.

BearsCards01

I can never just leave a project alone after it’s made! I’ve got to ink, distress, and add more “stuff”. For these bears I inked them first with Distress Inks, added Glossy Accents to parts of the bows and arrows, and then I added a little red heart to their bodies with red Stickles.

CloseUp01

CloseUp02

CloseUp04

It’s really easy to make shaped cards from many of the Cricut images in CCR! I hope this has helped and inspire you to try to make some also. 

Bears02

I also have some good news! I will be teaching Cricut classes at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie starting this weekend. This is a great scrapbook shop with so much to offer! So if you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area please check it out!

Thanks and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin