Peacock Card–Finally!

Okay, I know that this should have been posted a few days ago but I have a good reason! I absolutely hated the first card that I made with my cut of the peacock!!! Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever made something and knew it didn’t work? Well, I do this a lot! Sometimes after I make a project, I just need to let it sit on my craft table and look at it for awhile – sometimes it takes a day or more before I decide what to do!  When I made the first card, I just knew that something was off. I stared at it for the longest time trying to figure exactly what was wrong with it (there ended up being more than one thing, I finally decided!). So I took it all apart and started from scratch – well, nearly - I kept the base, lol! I just couldn’t find the right paper to use. Then I remembered some older Stampin’ Up! paper that I had in my stash and used that. See, like I’ve said before, it pays to be a paper hoarder sometimes! I wish that I could post before & after photos but that first card looked so bad that I couldn’t even snap a picture of it! So here is the final card:

Peacock

There are three layers to the card base. The first layer (the one the looks shiny) was sprayed with Goose Bumps, a clear texture spray made by Tsukineko. The second layer was cut a bit smaller and run through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder by PC. The SU paper on top was cut even smaller and then cut again in the middle with a Spellbinders large oval die. Then I cut out a frame using a Spellbinders die called Floral Ovals. All of the layers and the oval frame were adhered using foam tape for dimension.

For the bird, I used pop dots to give him some added dimension also.

Peacock03

Since I love my bling, I added little hot fix gems from Imaginisce to the peacocks tail instead of the tiny cuts that were supposed to be there. I also added gems to the oval frame.

Peacock02

Then I added some ribbon that I hand dyed myself and a stick pin that I made.

Peacock04

To make the stick pin, I used a ready made pin that had a triple white head that did not match so I colored the top using Tim Holtz alcohol inks. I added a few drops of Eggplant and Red Pepper inks into a baggie, placed the top of the pin in the baggie, rolled it around in the ink and then let it dry. Here are the inks that I used and what the pin looked like before I altered it:

Peacock08

I then added some beads from Michaels and adhered them to the pin with Glossy Accents. I finished the inside of my card with some cardstock punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch and the SU paper.

Peacock05

I hope you enjoyed looking at my final card! I’ll be back on Monday with my Cricut FANatics post.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Signature

3 comments:

  1. Angela, your peacock and your card are beautiful! I love how you color-matched the stickpin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is lovely. I've done exactly what you described - gotten myself to a point in cardmaking when I just knew it was all wrong. I have to admit, it's happened more times than I care to remember. I try to chalk these experiences up to my very steep learning curve. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, stopping by to give you some love and to say I love this peacock!!! They are such beautiful birds. You did a great job with this one!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin