Another 3-D Lantern

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while but today is my day to post over at Cricut FANantics blog and I have decided to show you another 3-D lantern I made from Cricut Exclusives, 3-D Lanterns. I absolutely love making these and they'd also be great for decorating for parties! Can you imagine a bunch of these made in red, white, and blue hanging from the trees in your backyard for next months 4th of July party! That would make a WOW factor for your guests!

After I made the last lantern (which you can see HERE in another post), my little granddaughter wanted one for her room in her favorite color - purple.

Here's what I made for her:

Vivianna's Lantern (1)

Vivianna's Lantern (7)

I added a handle made of cardstock and strips of vellum. And of course she had to have bling on it!

I decided to try cutting out the rolled flowers out of vellum instead of cardstock and I really like how they turned out! These flowers were cut out with the Artiste cart at 2.5" and 2". Just remember to change your settings (pressure, blade depth, & speed) on your machine when cutting something as thin as vellum.

Vivianna's Lantern (4)

She turns on the little light under her lantern every night before going to sleep and thinks about her Grandma! (OK, I just added that last part myself but I'm pretty sure she really does thinks about me every night!)

Vivianna's Lantern (11)

Thanks for coming by today and please visit again soon! Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Signature

1 comments:

  1. OH wow Angie this is so beautiful. It's in my favorite color too!! Can you make me one so I can have it to remind me of you? =)
    I don't have the cartridge you cut this from but I'd sure love to be able to make one of these.. they are gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin