Valentine’s Day Blog Hop

Happy Saturday morning and welcome to our 2014 Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! You should have reached here from D’s blog at Designs By Dragonfly.  If you are just joining me here, please go to  RockinRenee's blog to start at the beginning so you won’t miss any of the fun.  There are so many great projects and I don't want you to miss a single one!  Today we are highlighting Valentine's Day inspired projects.  I made a “Card in a Box” for Valentine’s Day. I first saw these on Split Coast Stampers site and I couldn’t wait to try it myself.
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (5) Medium Web view
These are so much fun to make and very easy also. You can change it up to make one for any occasion. A tutorial for making these can be found at Tina Wetter’s blog, SereneStamper.com (since I followed her tutorial, I want to give her credit for this!). It only takes one sheet of cardstock to make the foundation of the ‘box’ and then you can decorate it however you’d like. There are two small pieces of cardstock inside of the box that you use to layer your embellishments.
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (8) Medium Web view
I used several different images from different cartridges to create my embellishments.
The Cupid is from Artiste, the hearts are from Art Philosophy and Lyrical Letters, the rolled flowers are also from Art Philosophy, and the ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ sentiment (below on the envelope) is cut from Artiste.
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (9) Medium Web view
In the photo above, I stamped some Tim Holtz stamps on vellum using VersaMark ink and white embossing powder then punched a couple of  butterflies with a Stampin’ Up punch. Then I dressed them up with some pearls. The Valentine tickets are also stamps by Tim Holtz. I used patterned paper by Echo Park.
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (10) Medium Web view 
The back panel of the box is left upright so that you can add another cardstock layer to put your greeting and sentiment on. I haven’t put that part on yet since I made this Valentine for my grandson to give to his babysitter and I want him to ‘write’ his name (I guess scribble something would be more accurate since he just turned one, lol)  or put his handprint on it. Whatever he does, I figured it would be better to adhere that part on AFTER he finishes with it!
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (2) Medium Web view
I used my handy dandy Envelope Punch Board (I LOVE this!) to make an envelope that not only matches my card but it is also the perfect size! Here is the Valentine sentiment that I cut from the Artiste cart. It cut out beautifully at only 2.50”!
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (4) Medium Web view
All you need to do is fold your box flat to put it in your envelope! I think this is such a neat idea and something different. I loved this card in a box idea so much that I couldn’t stop making them…
Valentine's Day Card in a Box (13) Medium Web view
as you can see! I haven’t put the embellishments on these yet so maybe you can see the pieces of cardstock inside that you use to adhere your embellishments to. (Sorry I didn’t get a better photo of that).
Well, I hoped that you enjoyed my Valentine’s Day project and are inspired to try a Card in a Box yourself! If you have any questions please leave me a comment below (I love to receive some “blog love”!). I can’t wait for my little Charlie to give this to his babysitter!'
Charlie (2) Medium Web view
Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself! LOL!
Thank you for joining me today.  Your next stop on the hop is with *Violette* at Whimsical-Treasures.
And here is the entire blog list just in case you get lost on your way:
1. RockinRenee - I came, I saw, I created.
2. HappyScrapper64 - Random Thoughts of a Scrapbooker
3. gonescrappin - Col's Creative Corner
4. Hrvatica  - Croatian Crafter
5. Scootingranny - Scootingranny's World
6. MamaC - Carolyn's Creative Corner
7. Greenie8705 - Gina Beana's Crafts
8. MariaJ - Stamp, Cut, Create!
9. Di&Co - Creating Is Like Breathing
10. Dragonfly50 - Designs by Dragonfly
11. TiffysMom - Angie's Paper Passion <<---YOU ARE HERE! 12. *Violette* - Whimsical Treasures <<---GO HERE NEXT!
13. cricutaddicted - ScrappingForMoreFun
14. LoriSjogren - The Singing Shell
15. scrapalette - Around the Block with Scrapalette

I am so happy to be crafting again! Thanks for sticking with me!
Until next time, Happy Crafting,
Signature

31 comments:

  1. Wowzers! This card is stunning....I'm wishing I was your babysitter! Gorgeous work, Angie! And, he is a total cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card in a box is amazing! I haven't been brave enough to try one of these yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness!!! What a wonderful project! Everything about it is just perfect! Thank you for including the link for how to make this beauty!! Great 'card'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Angie. It is so pretty! I want to try one out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a show stopper! I'm headed over to that blog to get directions as soon as I finish the Valentine's Blog Hop. And what an amazing card to give your grandson's babysitter (still struggling with the fact that you have a grandson 'cos you look about 25!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I have seen these floating around and printed off the instructions. I just need the guts to try it out! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, awesome card in a box. Going to have to try my hand at making one!

    Di&Co

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning - I love all of your details, dimension, texture, and colors! I am going to have to try one of these soon. And your little Charlie is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card in a box is amazing.
    Charie's babysitter is going to LOVE it.
    Thanks for sharing that cute picture.
    What a doll baby.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Your blog hop sister,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly
    Dragonfly50 (MB)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWeeeeee Angie .... THIS REALLY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION and yes, so did CHARLIE... his Babysitter is going to be one Happy Girl on Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh I LOVE your box card! These papers are fabulous! I've been seeing lots of these types of cards lately and I really want to try one. You may have just pushed me over the edge! And Charlie is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card in a box is pure gorgeousness! The details are amazing. I'm going to have to try making one of these

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this. Will have to go to the tutorial to learn how to do one- and I love the fact that it folds flat so you can out it in an envelope. TFS. Hopping along
    PS Charlie is a cutie - patutie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so, beautiful! Charlie's babysitter will LOVE it! Amazing detail, Angie. TFS : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic project! And Charlie is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love all of the embellishments you added. Charlie's a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charlie is just the cutest and so very lucky to have his crafty Grandmother sharing her talents with his babysitter. This is AMAZING! I was oohing and aahing when I clicked on to your page. So artistic, and I love the butterfly. Thank you for the tutorial and I can't wait to try one out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. II love this it's beautiful. You've inspired me to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soo beautiful!! I definitely want to try this out too. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    MB: Caffinee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your wonderful project -- it's gorgeous!! I also want to try making one of these -- thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this project! The babysitter will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love it! I must try to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, you inspired me Angie! Well, too late for a Valentine's Day one but I just might try my hand at an Easter one!!!

    Awww...I get warm and fuzzy inside every time I see someone using the Close To My Heart cartridges! :-D

    Great work!!! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Jamie! I'm so happy that I could inspire you! That is such a wonderful compliment! You'll enjoy making these and they're so easy and fun also!
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  24. Very pretty! Love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your boxes ROCK! I think you created a trend on the MB! Thank you for joining the blog hop and sharing your creativity. I can't wait to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like this post Thanks for sharing
    http://www.happyvalentinesday2015hdimages.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin