Happy Birthday!

I just wanted to take this time to wish a Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mom! I’ll have to say it here since I can’t call her up and tell her. This is her first birthday that I’ll have without her since her passing a little over three months ago. She was born on January 31st in the year 1920! She lived a long and blessed life for almost 94 years. But I still miss her so much and today won’t be easy for me - nor for the rest of my family. I know that she’s at home with our Lord and they’ll be having cake and ice cream in Heaven but a little part of my heart is being selfish by wishing that she was here with me so I could hold her one more time and tell her how much I love and miss her and how much she means to me. So I’ll share her birthday with you, my friends, and close my eyes and my heart will talk to as it always does and I’ll tell her “Happy Birthday, Mom - I’ll always love you” and I know she will be right here with me, listening, with her arms wrapped around me, holding me while I cry.

Annie’s daughter, Angie

7 comments:

  1. I share your pain and your words were exactly how I feel and on February 7th my mom will be gone two years. I know she is in a better place but my heart won't except it. I miss her hugs and yes she will come to you and you will feel her because I feel my mom when she visits. No counseling or doctor of the mind can take your pain away. I can just tell you that it will get a little better. I never thought I would get the knife out of my heart but now it is a dull pain. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And I am so sorry about your Mom too. God bless you also!

      Delete
  2. I understand. What a blessing it is to have had a Mother you loved so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Scootingranny! You have been so sweet to me since I joined the Circle and I want you to know how blessed I feel because of your friendship.
      Yes, it is a blessing that I had her as a Mother. I don't know how she did it sometimes. She had me when she was 42!!! She & my dad already had their family (my brothers were 18 & 20 when I was born and the oldest was married and they were having Mom's 1st grandchild at the same time she was having me!). Then they adopted my little sister when I was 6 years old (Mom was 48!!!). But she said it kept her young, and it did. The last time I went to stay with her, we stayed up all night long talking and laughing like two high school girls until 3 & 4 in the morning! It was so much fun. She had so much life in her but her body was just ready to rest.
      Thanks again for the kind words. It means so much!
      Angie

      Delete
  3. I lost my Momma 6 days after my 30th birthday.
    It has been years but I still miss her loving arms.
    Try this it is what I do...
    Close your eyes and picture your Mom. Now give yourself a big hug.
    She's there using your arms. Can you feel it?
    Hugs,
    D~
    (Dragonfly50 Cricut MB)
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D, I'm very sorry about your Mom also. It seems that many of us are part of this "club" that we didn't ask or want to be a part of. And the price to get in is extremely high. But I tried what you suggested and even though I cried, I was smiling through the tears. You were so right - I DID feel her! Thank you so much for giving that to me! I really appreciate it!
      Angie

      Delete
  4. Hugs to you Angie! I lost my dad and it took me years to come to terms with it. He was my rock and I lost him three short months after I gave birth to my first child. I often wonder how much life would have been different if my kids had known their grandfather because the other one does not even know their names. Unless you've lost a parent, you don't know how it feels. I still have my mom, but it's not the same as my dad. It's still fresh for you, take time to grieve...there's nothing wrong with that. Hugs

    Di&Co

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin