Foiled Butterfly Slimline Card

 Hey Crafters! Today I have a card that I created for the Beautiful Butterflies Mod Squad Challenge. This challenge gave me the chance to use a new (to me) product - Gina K Designs/Therm-O-Web Stamp N Foil Foil-Mates Detail Sheets. I recently purchased a laminator, toner sheets, and a lot of foils! These Foil-Mates are called Butterfly Kisses and also has a stamp set and die set that comes separately (but of course I had to have them all!)


I decided to make a slimline card so I could put more of those butterflies on my card. I ink blended four colors onto my card front - Gina K's Passionate Pink, Sweet Mango, Turquoise Sea and Wild Lilac. Part of the butterfly wings come ready to foil but I stamped them in the same inks that I used on the card front and then I ran them through my laminator with the same color of Gina K Fancy Foils. It is so hard to see the beautiful and shiny foil in photographs unfortunately.



I used a sentiment from Lawn Fawn Butterfly Kisses (just a fun coincidence that both companies have the same name!) and heat embossed it with white embossing powder from Gina K. 


I die cut the sentiment and the postage stamp shape from Gina K Designs Master Layout #4. All of the elements are popped up on pop dots. 

I hope that you like my card for today! My new laminator has been getting a workout and I will post more cards that I've made using foiled elements and more info on the laminator itself. I will be adding this card to the Mod Squad Challenge! Thanks so much for visiting!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comments:

  1. This is simply stunning. I love what you have done with those foils. If you use GKD products AND include MSC in your caption line your name will be entered twice for the random drawing. Although you haven't included MSC, I will still enter you twice, but would you please remember for next time? Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin