A Mod Squad Challenge, A Thank You Card & Gina K Designs

 

Hello Crafts! This month the Mod Squad Challenge Blog is giving thanks to their sponsors and this week the thanks goes to Gina Krupsky of Gina K Designs. It is so appropriate that this card is for Gina since I started following Gina, watching her weekly videos, making cards along with her (and buying as much as I can hide from my DH 😂), and joining her online group at the very start of the lockdowns last year 😷! Through all of this and with Gina's creative inspiration it really helped me get my mind off of what terrible things were going on in the world. So I am grateful for Gina being so uplifting and motivating me to continue to create. I am very honored to make a thank you card for her!



I used Caring Flowers and Sketched Flowers Stamp Sets to create this card. I stamped the flowers from the Caring Flowers set in GKD Black ink. I then colored the entire image with my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. If you've never colored with pencils and gamsol you need to watch this video. Gina shows you exactly how to do this!



After coloring, I used a black glaze pen and a white Gel Roll pen (both by Sakura) to define the stamens in the center of the three flowers. I die cut the panel down with a Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die and die cut a black cardstock layer with a GKD Master Layout #1 die.



I then stamped the sentiment from the Sketched Flowers stamp set in VersaMark and heat embossed it with GKD black embossing powder. 

I adhered the top two layers onto a Tranquil Teal card base. I always love to add a little something to finish my cards off so I grabbed Gina's Clear Dew Drops and glued a few here and there on the card using Connect Glue!

I stamped a sentiment on the inside from the Friendship Blooms stamp set and stamped two of the inside corners with the Caring Flowers stamp in Tranquil Teal. I even stamped the front corner and back flap of the envelope with the same stamp. 


 
My Thank You card is finished and ready to send to Gina! She gives so much of herself to all of us each week and I'm just giving her a small bit back to let her know that everything that she does is very much appreciated. 

Thank you also goes to the Mod Squad Challenge Blog for this great challenge!

So until next time, Happy Crafting!

Supplies used: 
Stamps - Caring Flowers, Sketched Flowers, Friendship Blooms
Cardstock: GKD White, Black, Tranquil Teal 
Pencils: Prismacolor
Gamsol
Pens: Sakura Black Glaze, GellyRoll 
Embossing Powder: GKD Black
Ink: VersaMark, GKD Black
Dies: GKD Master Layout #1, Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
GKD Clear Dew Drops

1 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring here, and I really like your design. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this time over at The Mod Squad. I hope you will send this card to Gina!!! She will love it.
    Judy~ MSC DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin