Color Hues Yellow & Pink Challenge #23 and Honey Bee Stamps Coneflower

Hello Crafters! I've decided to take on a few card challenges and the first one is over at Color Hues. Their challenge is to use Yellow & Pink as the focal color.

As soon as I saw this challenge I knew immediately that I wanted to create something with my new Coneflower dies from Honey Bee Stamps! I love this set and it's so hard to not want to grab it each time that I want to make a card. Here is my card!


I die cut the flower from Gina K Designs heavyweight white cardstock and blended GKD Wild Dandelion, Sweet Corn, Prickly Pear, Dusty Rose and Passionate Pink inks onto the six different layers of the flower and adhered them together. I popped the petals up using pop dots. 



I used a stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and two of the yellow inks to make my own background for the card. I cut three large and three small frame dies from PinkFresh Studio and adhered them together for a little dimension and placed them on my background panel and used pop dots to adhere the coneflower in the middle. The sentiment is a stamp and die also from PinkFresh Studio that I heat embossed in gold. Gold just seemed to compliment the GKD Kraft cardstock that I cut my frames from. To finish it off, I added some yellow & pink gems from Queen & Co.

This is my first time playing along with the color challenge at Color Hues and I can't wait for their next challenge! 



I'll be posting more cards that I made for challenges this weekend so until next time, Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. This is SO gorgeous! That coneflower looks amazing in pink and yellow! Love your background and the frame dies too! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I have no words for how gorgeous this card is! Angie, your creative style and use of color on the coneflower was brilliant! I have wanted that flower since I first laid eyes on it and now I really want it. I love your stenciling and double frame too! Thanks for making out colors really shine at Color Hues! Can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYSTARS! Angie, your coneflower card is positively swoon-inducing gorgeous! The stenciled background, kraft frames and gold sentiment are *the* perfect touches. And the dimension/shading of the petals...WOW! Just WOW x a zillion! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so lovely! Your coneflower is colored beautifully as well as the background. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that cone flower die cut and the way you've colored it is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I just love the coloring on your coneflower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin