Thankful, Grateful, Blessed

Hello Crafters! I have a Thanksgiving card to share today. I really enjoyed creating this one because I used some new (to me anyway) tools and techniques. Most of the supplies are from Gina K Designs - my new favorites! 

Gina has a Wreath Builder system that is so easy to use but the results are spectacular! 
Here is the link to the Wreath Builder Templates:
 


With these two templates you can create the most beautiful stamped wreaths for cards and so much more. Gina has several wreath builder stamp sets to go with the templates but you can really use any stamp set that has small to medium stamps included.

So here is the Thanksgiving card that I made with the Wreath Builder -



Along with the Wreath Builder Template I used the Wreath Builder Stamp Set, the Autumn Wreath Builder Stamp Set, the Take Care Stamp Set and Gina K inks to create the gorgeous wreath at the center of my card. I stamped the sentiment and the circle border - both from the Autumn Wreath Builder Stamp Set  - then cut it out with a circle die cut which I popped up with pop dots in the wreaths center. 
The lower background looks like patterned paper, doesn't it? Nope, its plain white cardstock that I used a stencil on. It's the Gina K Designs Sassy Stripes Stencil (love that name 😊)



I turned the stencil so that the stripes were vertical, taped the paper to it and, using a blending brush, blended the ink onto the cardstock. Always start blending with a very light hand and if you need more color just add a little more ink but use that light hand. Trust me, a lighter touch is key to blending!

Since I don't have some of those 'fancy' dies, I took a die that I do have and used it in a different way! The bottom scalloped on the top two layers was cut using a Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangle die. I put the corner of my two top layers into the corner of the die making sure that the rest of the card was on top of the die as it went into my Vagabond.
 
For a finishing touch, I added three coordinating buttons and some twine. 


Here is a peak inside my card. I love putting a little something on the inside to make it look just as nice as the front of the card. I used the same stamps that I used in the wreath on the front and stamped them on the bottom inside corner.


I hope that you enjoyed seeing this card as much as I enjoyed making it! So until next time, Happy Crafting! 



1 comments:

  1. Angie, your card is awesome!! I'm trying to figure out what shape your original layer was for the wreath builder...how did you turn it. I'm used to having a square piece of cardstock to put in the wreath builder. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE how the bottom corner is scalloped. That whole piece of cardstock looks more rectangular than square! And love the stripes you created...may have to order that stencil! Love your color combo too. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin